Thursday, April 30, 2015

On Dumpster Diving

The 2014-2015 school year was challenging, exhilarating, and tiresome. I had the honor to be placed into an AP Language class, where I can be more intact and familiar with the language, that I use most frequently, because I live in the United States. Throughout the year, from reading many pieces of literature and enhancing my vocabulary, "On Dumpster Diving" had to be my favorite. The reason it was my favorite was because it was unique, unexpected, yet thought provoking and taught a valuable lesson. "On Dumpster Diving" taught me not to always think I will have food on the table and to cherish the fact that I do and be thankful I am not the less fortunate that do not have food on their tables everyday. "On Dumpster Diving" was also an interactive piece with the audience. The author gave instructions to the reader on how to be a dumpster diver, if one has the ambition to pursue it. This particular piece of literature also taught my fellow classmates and I, that being materialistic is completely unnecessary. The author states how he feels bad for the materialistic individuals society has created and also tells us which foods are consumable, which ones he specifically looks for when dumpster diving. The piece of literature was definitely intriguing, and it was different; different than all the other piece of literatures we came across and conquered. All the others had some type of similarity but this did not, it stuck with me and surprisingly taught me more than it probably should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment